The Fort Wayne Cohort
There is one cohort at the Fort Wayne IPFW campus. All students without advanced standing status enter at the same time (Summer II) and complete the three year part time program with the same ending date (May). Advanced Standing students enter the cohort at the beginning of the 2nd year (Summer I) of the 3 year part time program and graduate with their student peers in (May).
The following information is for all cohorts including those at the IUPUI campus in Indanapolis and the cohort at the Fort Wayne campus:
- As a graduate student, one must be prepared for a very rigorous program of study which includes classroom, class preparation, research, reading and practicum time. It is generally difficult to work full-time and attend school full-time.
- There are two separate field experiences for each student. The first practicum (555) is one semester, 20 hours per week. The concentration practicum (651 & 652) is done either in two continuous semesters, 20 hours per week, or in a one semester block, 40 hours per week.
- A student needs to know that the field practicum hours are available exclusively during regular daytime business hours.
- An applicant may only apply to one campus and one cohort per year.
- All part-time cohorts will begin in the second summer semester.
- A mandatory full-day orientation will be held on a Friday in June. Check back for dates for the Orientation for the next cohort which will occur in June 2017 (8:30 am – 6:00 pm).