Transition to Work
An important aspect of the NCWWI project is to support students and graduate social workers in their new positions in order to enhance professional development, self-efficacy and competency, and ultimately retention in child welfare.
Participants in the NCWWI Fellowship program will return to campus for two hours every other month to participate in continuing professional development.
Topics will include:
- Preparation for licensure exam
- Professional and personal self and self-care
- Use of supervision and client advocacy
- Seeking support from others
- Updates on trauma-specific services
- Development of leadership skills for clinical management of field students
- Enhancement of clinical skills-keeping up in the clinical world