General Admissions Information
Enrollment in the BSW program requires formal admission to the IU School of Social Work. The following are the minimum requirements for consideration for admission to the program:
- Regular admission to the university.
- Completion of a minimum of 12 credit hours. Although we encourage early application, advanced students may also apply.
- Satisfactory completion (grade of C or higher) of the required course S141 Introduction to Social Work.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Evidence of characteristics or potential required of competent social work practitioners as defined in the mission statement of the School. Such evidence may be derived from application materials, letters of reference, pertinent work or volunteer experience, and performance in S141 Introduction to Social Work.
The BSW program on the Indianapolis, Richmond, and Gary campuses uses a rolling admissions policy. These campuses accept applications throughout the year. Check with your campus for the due dates. Applications received after those dates may be reviewed depending upon availability for spaces in the program but are not guaranteed review for the following semester.
For more information please contact the following campuses:
- IUPUI, Indianapolis Campus: IU School of Social Work BSW Admissions 902 West New York Street ES 4134B Indianapolis, IN 46202 (317) 274-8364
- IU, Bloomington campus: IU School of Social Work 1127 Atwater Bloomington, IN 47401 (812) 855-4427
- IUE, Richmond campus: IU School of Social Work 2325 Chester Boulevard Tom Raper Hall, TR150 Richmond, IN 47374-1289 (765) 973-8535
- IU Northwest campus: Division of Social Work 3186 Dunes Building Gary, IN 46408 (219)981-4264
- IU South Bend campus: IU School of Social Work 1800 Mishawaka Ave. Wiekamp Hall #2218 South Bend, IN 46615 (574) 520-4880