Skip to main content

Transferring from another MSW program

If you are a transfer student from another CSWE accredited MSW program, you may apply to the Master’s program at any time. You will need to complete the application and provide the following documentation:

Materials required #

  • A letter from the previous MSW Program Director stating that you left the program in good standing and verifying your competence in the field of social work
  • A transcript reflecting all completed MSW coursework
  • A course syllabus from every completed MSW course

Your completed application will undergo committee review. If accepted, your transcript and course syllabi will be reviewed to determine which credits earned will transfer to Indiana University. In all circumstances, you must complete all required courses in your chosen curriculum.

Note: Acceptance is subject to space availability.